Marble is one of our favourites to eat, just the vanilia and chocolate sponge mixed swirled together to make pretty swirls in the cake when you cut into it is just amazing!
What you will need:
225g of room temprature butter
225 of caster sugar
3 medium sized eggs
350g of self raising flour
A pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness
225ml of fresh milk
25g of cocoa powder
1. Grease and line a round tin preferably 8 inches wide but whatever you have should be fine.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light coloured and creamy.
3. Add in your 3 eggs one at a time and beat in well into your creamed butter and sugar.
4. Fold in your flour, once your flour is mixed in add you milk and salt.
5. Divide you mixture in half into two bowls and add your cocoa powder into one of them and mix.
6. Get two spoons and place spoonfuls of each mixture alternately in your tin, once the bottom of the tin is covered in mixture and you have used all of the mixture up (of course leaving a bit left for you to eat) get some sort of thin stick like a chop stick for example or whatever you can find and you can start to make swirls in the mixture to achieve the marble effect. But make sure not to completely mix the vanilla and chocolate together.
7. Bake at 170 degrees for 1 1/2 hours (90 minutes), or until well risen.
8. Let it cool down for 30 minutes – 1hr then enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed reading and will make a tasty marble cake! ❤️
Tweet us @Sarah_and_Ellie xx